[mythtv-users] Meta-data for recordings

Fred Watt fredwattmythtv at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 10:18:06 UTC 2012

Hi - does anyone know of a script or simple way of adding meta data tags
to a recording .mpg file?  I wanted to populate tags as such as title
etc, but was wondering if there was a way to inject the values rather
than copy as in this example?

ffmpeg -i file.avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy -metadata title="Dancing
Bear" -metadata comment="Title Created Using FFmpeg metadata tag"
outputfile.avi

Is there a better way to do this using mythtv?

My use case is that I would like to expose recordings to a oppo 103 (via
twonky upnp, or cifs) and use this as a play back device.