[mythtv-users] Meta-data for recordings

Nick Rout nick.rout at gmail.com
Wed Dec 26 03:31:24 UTC 2012

On Dec 24, 2012 11:18 PM, "Fred Watt" <fredwattmythtv at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi - does anyone know of a script or simple way of adding meta data tags
to a recording .mpg file?  I wanted to populate tags as such as title etc,
but was wondering if there was a way to inject the values rather than copy
as in this example?

> ffmpeg -i file.avi -vcodec copy -acodec copy -metadata title="Dancing
Bear" -metadata comment="Title Created Using FFmpeg metadata tag"
outputfile.avi

> Is there a better way to do this using mythtv?
>
> My use case is that I would like to expose recordings to a oppo 103 (via
twonky upnp, or cifs) and use this as a play back device.

The metadata is in the database and is accessible via mysql (either
directly or via python or perl bindings). However if use myth's upnp server
you won't need to insert the metadata in the file itself.