[mythtv-users] Remote frontend connection problem on 0.25

Martin Moores moores.martin at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 14:33:26 UTC 2012

On 7 April 2012 12:03, Martin Moores <moores.martin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am having a few problems with getting remote frontends connected to my
> backend after upgrading to 0.25 (latest version from mythbuntu repo as of
> today).
>
> I first upgraded Ubuntu from 10.10 to 11.04, as 0.25 was not in the
> mythbuntu repositories for 10.10.
>
> That all went fine, turned Unity off and everything worked well as before.
>
> I upgraded my remote frontend, also via mythbuntu repositories.  That
> seemed to go OK, but then the frontend would crash over and over, which at
> the time I didn't link to the backend upgrade, but it could have been
> related.
>
> To save any messing, I just re-installed the frontend from latest
> mythbuntu.  It has a stage to test the connection to the backend, but this
> gives an error of "Could not find database login credentials".
>
> I am going to try installing Ubuntu on this and then mythtv on top, but I
> imagine I might get a similar error, if the backend cannot be found.  I
> have checked the release notes for 0.25, nut can't see anything that I
> might need to change, or that could have changed to cause this issue.  All
> IP addresses etc in the backend setup are as previous.
>
> Another oddity is when entering mythbackend setup, I am asked if it is OK
> to shutdown the backend, which is usual, clicking past this takes me into
> the setup, but then a warning popup appears saying the backend is not
> shutdown, be careful what you change, which I have never seen before.
> Checking the logs, the backend does shutdown correctly after the first time
> of asking.
>
> Any tips appreciated
>
> Martin

Just a small update, have now upgraded from my Ubuntu backend from 11.04 to
11.10, but nothing has changed, same error messages on remote frontend and
when entering backend setup.

Possibly related, I tried to enter phpmyadmin, to check out SQL etc, but
get this error message:

*SSH-2.0-OpenSSH_5.8p1 Debian-7ubuntu1
Protocol mismatch.

*So quite possibly an Ubuntu upgrade issue, rather than anything to do with
myth!  Will have a mess around this weekend and go back to my backup if I
can't solve it.

Cheers

Martin