[mythtv-users] Firewire recording works in LiveTV but scheduled recordings unreliable

Les Noland lnoland at xnet.com
Wed Sep 28 14:26:34 UTC 2011

>-----Original Message-----
>From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Michael T. Dean
>Sent: Monday, September 26, 2011 9:55 PM
>To: Discussion about MythTV
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] Firewire recording works in LiveTV but
scheduled recordings unreliable
>On 09/23/2011 04:42 AM, Les Noland wrote:
>> OK -- it took a little doing but I finally got there.  I deleted my local
>> definition of the "Default" storage group on my slave backend so that it
>> would go back to using the one on the master, but every time I tried to
>> a test, it would record fine because it kept picking a local directory.
>> finally had to go back and temporarily delete from the master's Default
>> storage group any local directories so that all directories were remote.
>> Then when I ran the test, it failed as before.
>> I have attached the backend log and the output from the storagegroup
>> A lot of the initial error messages in the log are due to the fact that I
>> removed directories from the storage group so now it can't find some of
>> previously recorded shows, but the error demonstrating the problem is at
>> end of the file where it tried to record the movie "Marnie" but failed.
>It looks like the recorder is querying for information before the 
>recording is set up.
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.539 QueryBasename found no entry for 6414 @
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.552 QueryBasename found no entry for 6414 @
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.620 RecordingInfo(6414_20110913071700.mpg):
StartedRecording: Recording to '/6414_20110913071700.mpg'
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.658 TVRec(10): Changing from None to RecordingOnly
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.679 TVRec(10): HW Tuner: 10->10
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.715 Launching: /usr/local/bin/sa3250ch -s -t 1 414
>2011-09-13 07:17:29.727 PID 21822: launched
>2011-09-13 07:17:30.891 PID 21822: exited: status=0, result=0
>2011-09-13 07:17:30.959 (old)Settings::ReadSettings(settings.txt) - No such
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.008 LFireDev(001692D3FE120000): Buffered packets 2000
(8000 KB)
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.459 TVRec(10): rec->GetPathname():
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.477 TFW, Error: Opening file
>			eno: Permission denied (13)
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.493 TVRec(10) Error: RingBuffer
'/6414_20110913071700.mpg' not open...
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.514 TVRec(10): Changing from RecordingOnly to None
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.534 Finished recording Marnie: channel 6414
>2011-09-13 07:17:31.575 scheduler: Finished recording: Marnie: channel 6414
>Not sure what would cause that, but the problem is before the storage 
>groups/file stuff.  Can you run it, again, with -v schedule, please.
That seems really odd, particularly because, since I changed my storage
groups, I haven't had a single recording fail, whereas it was happening all
the time with the original storage group setup.  Also, I had experimented
with setting delays in my channel-changer script, thinking that the problem
might be that it was trying to record while the box was still tuning, but no
matter what I set my delay to, it still would not record -- since I changed
the storage groups, I dialed the delay back to 1 second and it's been
working fine.

I will set up another test, but I may not have time to get to it until the
weekend.  We'll see.

Thanks so much for your help.

- Les
mythtv-users mailing list
mythtv-users at mythtv.org

More information about the mythtv-users mailing list