[mythtv-users] Firewire recording works in LiveTV but scheduled recordings unreliable

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Sep 29 05:05:45 UTC 2011

On 09/28/2011 10:26 AM, Les Noland wrote:
> That seems really odd, particularly because, since I changed my storage
> groups, I haven't had a single recording fail, whereas it was happening all
> the time with the original storage group setup.  Also, I had experimented
> with setting delays in my channel-changer script, thinking that the problem
> might be that it was trying to record while the box was still tuning, but no
> matter what I set my delay to, it still would not record -- since I changed
> the storage groups, I dialed the delay back to 1 second and it's been
> working fine.
>
> I will set up another test, but I may not have time to get to it until the
> weekend.  We'll see.
>
> Thanks so much for your help.

Well, if your storage group table data that you posted was from after
the change--with the data that causes it to never fail--it's quite
possible that the storage group config was wrong.  I'm basing my "before
the storage groups/file stuff" comment on the fact that your SG config
looked good in the output you gave.

Mike