[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings

Kris B. krisbee at krisbee.com
Wed Sep 28 12:17:19 UTC 2011

> > > Another thing that started happening a while ago - and continues to
> > > happen with my fresh install is that myth sometimes records the same
> > > program, twice, at the same time.  Using two different tuners.  Last
> > > night, for example, it did this on about 30% of the shows it was
> > > configured to record.
> > >

> > Last night, it did this:
> >
> > The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (10:34 PM) 	46_1 -
> > KDLT-HD 	1 hr 	6.6 GB
> > The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (10:34 PM) 	46_1 -
> > KDLT-HD 	59 mins 	6.5 GB
> >
> > And this:
> >
> > Family Guy 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (06:00 PM) 	11_2 - UTV 	29 mins 	581 MB
> > Peter and Lois hope that a relaxing vacation can help their struggling
> > marriage as they join Brian, who has just won a prestigious writing
> > award, in Martha's Vineyard, but more problems arise as the alcoholic
> > pooch makes a move on Lois.
> > Family Guy 				Fri Sep 23, 2011 (06:00 PM) 	11_2 - UTV 	30 mins 	592 MB
> > Peter and Lois hope that a relaxing vacation can help their struggling
> > marriage as they join Brian, who has just won a prestigious writing
> > award, in Martha's Vineyard, but more problems arise as the alcoholic
> > pooch makes a move on Lois.
> >
> > I don't get it.  How can it be this confused?

Not that I really know the ins and out of Myth yet, but why is one
recording 1 minute shorter than the other on both of those recordings?
Perhaps a rule is causing some kind of confusion, or the table is
messed?

If it were me, I would delete all my cards and Listing Source and add
them back in the backend.  I don't know if that would help, but that's
what I'd try.  Also I would turn off EIT anywhere (I know that can cause
problems if you are using SD and they conflict).

Sorry for the simplistic advice, but I figure I would chime in just to
see if that would help and it is documented in the threads in case it
happens to someone else.

--
  Kris B.
  krisbee at krisbee.com