[mythtv-users] duplicate recordings

blind_Pete 0123peter at gmail.com
Wed Sep 28 06:18:46 UTC 2011

On Sun, 25 Sep 2011, Dan Armbrust wrote:
> I'm really the only person that has issues with it recording the same
> program multiple times at the same time?
>
> What have I done wrong?

Possibly, nothing.  Potentially, many things.

I'm not an expert, but I can offer a few thoughts that might or
might not be helpful.

First up, is it really a disaster if you end up with two copies
of some things?  All you have to do is delete a file.  It would
be much more annoying if there was any other type of mistake.

Scheduling can be, and usually is, insanely complex.

The program guide is wrong.  Sporting events run long, or are
washed out.  Court orders prevent some showings.  More information
becomes available.  Broadcasters deliberately try to mess up
time shifters.  People just get things wrong.

Can you work out if the copies are coming from the same place
or different places?  If you have only one tuner then the
answer should be easy.

Can you work out if there is anything "interesting" about your
program guide?  My first guess would be that your guide gets
updated data to reflect reality (which is a good thing, but
rather confusing).

What sort of rule(s) are you using to record the duplicates?