[mythtv-users] 3 Mux but recording schedule indicating using 4 tuners?

Mike Perkins mikep at randomtraveller.org.uk
Sun Sep 18 11:34:22 UTC 2011

On 18/09/11 00:05, Nick Rout wrote:

> Can I add an extra twist to this and ask some advice?
>
> I currently have two dvb-s cards set up and each is set to record up
> to four streams (ie physical + 3 virtual). Both are connected to the
> same video source.
>
> I now want to add two dvb-T tuners (HDHR actually). The will do
> multirec too. The dvb-t has the same programming lineup as dvb-s, but
> the kicker is that dvb-t is in HD whereas dvb-s is only SD.
>
> What is the best way to set this up so that recordings prefer the
> DVB-T tuners as much as possible. I assume I use the same video source
> for all tuners (it's an xmltv downloader).
>
> Should I delete all capture cards and start with the DVB-T cards so
> that they get greatest priority?
>
> Also I don't watch livetv, but the kids sometimes do. How should I
> ensure recordings prioritise the DVB-T tuners but live prioritises the
> -S tuners?

I don't think you can use the same source. Even though you claim to get the same
channels as DVB-T and DVB-S, I bet that there are channels avialable with one
that you don't get with the other, and vice versa (even if you don't want them).

Also, It is entirely likely that the channel numbering is different between the
two reception methods.

Remember, the information in the *source* tables is what myth uses to tune the
capture cards, so you'll need different information for each transmission method
(frequency, modulation, etc.). There may be no reason why you couldn't use the
same xmltv data, though, assuming you can *guarantee* that the same programming
occurs both routes. You'll have to either copy the .xmltv file and rename it or
make a link.

--

Mike Perkins