[mythtv-users] Problems adding a channel

Tom Flair lists at graniteskies.net
Sat Sep 3 17:59:36 UTC 2011

It's a bit late for today's game, but hopefully not for next week.

My provider moved the Big 10 Network to different channels,  something that
I didn't think to check until 10 minutes before game time.

Initially, I started out with only one SD channel and one HD channel.  There
is one primary channel for BTN SD and two over flow channels.  The two over
flow channels have the same XMLTV ID, as noted when looking at the page
source (https://www.schedulesdirect.org/lineups/edit) and the raw data (
http://www.schedulesdirect.org/getdata).   For clarity, the primary channel
is 80 and the overflow channels are 81 and 82.

When I performed mythfilldatabase --sourceid 4 --refresh-today
--do-channel-updates, I picked up channel 81 but not 80.  I'm assuming it
skipped the first channel because the XMLTV ID is the same.

I went ahead and manually added the first overflow channel (80) using the
same information for the second (81) and ran mythfilldatabase --sourceid 4
--refresh-today.   This at least gave me the guide data.

When I try to tune the channel on the MBE/MFE, I receive an error
"Irrecoverable recorder error", regardless of which tuner I use for the
channel.

I'm watching the channel directly off of another box, so I know it's there.
I've run 6200ch and tuned the boxes to the correct channel and run
test-mpeg2 and confirmed the channel does exist and can be tuned from each
of the boxes, but Myth fails.

What am I missing or what have I done wrong?