[mythtv-users] Anyone tested the DVB-T2 dual tuner TBS6280?

Mike Holden mythtv at mikeholden.org
Sat Sep 3 12:53:58 UTC 2011

Simon Hobson wrote:
> Harald Gustafsson wrote:
>
>>OK so this states that the current drivers don't support both DVB-T
>>and -T2 simultaneously. This is good to know since this would be my
>>common usage, going to record DVB-T2 on one of the tuners while
>>recording DVB-T on the other.
>
> Ditto - no point having two T2 tuners in the UK since we only have
> one T2 mux at the moment.
>
> But I can see their point - keep things separate and simplify
> debugging. Definitely confirms my thoughts that this device is still
> too "bleeding edge" for most people (but then so were DVB-T tuners
> once !)

I've been using (in the UK) a PCTV Nanostick T2 with great success
recently. Had to do a small build and install of a git repository,
but no more than 4 commands to do that, and all well documented on
the website.

Only issue for me now is the issue of sound on BBC HD and Channel 4
HD going missing during programs sometimes, but works properly
during breaks and idents etc. This is apparently an ffmpeg issue
related to the audio stream switching from one format to another, an
hopefully will get fixed soon!
--
Mike Holden