[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase problems

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 2 19:13:29 UTC 2011

On 09/02/2011 03:09 PM, Dan Wilson wrote:
> However, I still see the problem where mythfilldatabase runs, says it
> updates the schedule for a day, but then an immediate re-run of
> mythfilldatabase says there isn't any data present for that day and it
> runs that day's update again (which also doesn't seem to work). It
> doesn't fail on every day, but it seems to fail consistently on the same
> days. Weird.

That simply means that the listings you did download contain at least
one program for the specified day, but a large proportion of shows
contain no data.  This happens because some channels tend to get data to
TMS faster than others.

It's not an error--and re-running mythfilldatabase isn't required.  The
next run, tomorrow, will pick up new data for that day.

Mike