[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging not working after transcoding with a user job

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Sep 2 07:16:28 UTC 2011

On 09/01/2011 11:29 PM, Jeremy Jones wrote:

> I am running 0.24-fixes from mythbuntu.  I have my backend set to auto
> flag commercials and then to run a user job that uses the transcode
> wrapper stub posted on the wiki.   The commercial flagging was working
> before I set up the user job for transcoding, but now it does not.  I
> know nothing about how the flags are stored, so I'm sure I did
> something to cause this.
>
> I had thought that the commercial flags were stored independent of the
> file, so I expected them to still be there. Is that wrong?

But the flags are dependent on the byte position of frames within the
file--so when you transcode the file and change the file size and frame
distribution...

> Do I need to run the commercial flagging after transcoding instead?

Yes.  There's a setting in mythtv-setup, "Run transcode jobs before auto
commercial detection," and if you set it to true/enabled, commercial
detection will run after the transcode completes.

Mike