[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging not working after transcoding with a user job

Jeremy Jones jeremy.dwain.jones at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 03:29:17 UTC 2011

I am running 0.24-fixes from mythbuntu.  I have my backend set to auto flag
commercials and then to run a user job that uses the transcode wrapper stub
posted on the wiki.   The commercial flagging was working before I set up
the user job for transcoding, but now it does not.  I know nothing about how
the flags are stored, so I'm sure I did something to cause this.

I had thought that the commercial flags were stored independent of the file,
so I expected them to still be there. Is that wrong?

Do I need to run the commercial flagging after transcoding instead?

It seems like running the flagging on the original would give better
results.

Please help,

Jeremy