[mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

Les Noland lnoland at xnet.com
Fri Sep 2 05:31:50 UTC 2011

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Fred Squires
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2011 5:00 PM
To: Discussion about MythTV
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] What is everyone using for IR Receivers ?

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Brent Bolin <brent.bolin at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use these on my 3 front end boxes.  Can pretty much point my
> transmitter anywhere in the room
>
> http://www.amazon.com/Dell-RC6-Receiver-Microsoft-receivers/dp/B0031YBF9M

Brent,
Do you know if these are the same as the original Microsoft Windows
Media Center Remote Receivers?
I have one that works great, but now that Comcast turned off their
analog channels its in the basement controlling my cable boxes.

I have a streamzap in the living room now that works great most of the
time, except my tv seems to emit some IR on certain themes and
screensavers that interferes with the streamzap. The light turns solid
red and it becomes unresponsive until I turn off the TV. For some
reason this seems to hurt the WAF. I think a $25 fix might just be
worth it, rather than trying to fix all the little instances that
cause this.
Fred