[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Kirk Bocek t004 at kbocek.com
Mon Oct 17 23:57:45 UTC 2011

On 10/17/2011 4:43 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 4:32 PM, Kirk Bocek<t004 at kbocek.com>  wrote:
>>
>> Looks like I may need to post my dtv_multiplex question over on the
>> mythtv-dev list. Maybe I can get it answered over there.
>
> Probably not by a Myth dev, though-- we aren't comfortable with people
> performing manual database manipulation, so we tend not to answer
> questions about doing so.  When people touch the DB manually, and
> something unintended happens, it often results in a ticket that is
> unsolvable by us (while still eating into the minimal development time
> most of us have).
>
> Someone may answer, but the information definitely won't be
> sanctioned-- whereas if you submit a patch that builds this
> functionality into myth itself, we can probably be of some assistance
> in pointing you at the right code to leverage.
>
> Robert

I understand. I figured out years ago that when I post to a list and get
silence back my question is usually really stupid or way off base. I
appreciate hearing *something* back. I'll leave the devs alone.

So let me phrase it in terms of what seems like a widely used utility:
scte65scan. Bill Lash here extracted some simple SQL here for inserting
records into dtv_multiplex. Can I get anyone to comment on *that* code?

Kirk Bocek