[mythtv-users] HD Homerun Prime Scripting

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 00:32:29 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 23:57, Kirk Bocek <t004 at kbocek.com> wrote:
> So let me phrase it in terms of what seems like a widely used utility:
> scte65scan. Bill Lash here extracted some simple SQL here for inserting
> records into dtv_multiplex. Can I get anyone to comment on *that* code?

I am not a MythTV developer, and therefore have no standing,  but.....

I consider that I run it at my own risk, and should something "weird"
happen with MythTV, it is all my fault, and until I reproduce any issues
with a clean database, the presumption *should* be that I messed
something up.  Full disclosure, I also occasionally use direct
database updates.  The moment I type 'mysql' I consider that the
MythTV database is "tainted" in the same terms that the Linux kernel
developers do.  That is, I am completely and utterly on my own, and
should ask no one for assistance.

Gary