[mythtv-users] mythconverg_backup.pl choking on mythweather tables

Mark Boyum circushair at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:30:55 UTC 2011

On Sat, Oct 8, 2011 at 9:08 AM, Mark Boyum <mark at boyum.us> wrote:

> On Saturday, October 8, 2011, Michael T. Dean <mtdean at thirdcontact.com>
> wrote:
>> On 10/07/2011 02:33 PM, Mark Boyum wrote:
>>> I would like to backup my database but find that the script dies as
>>> below.  I know next to nothing about mySQL and would appreciate any
>>> assistance.
>>>
>>> How do I remove any trace of mythweatther as we no longer use it?  I'd
>>> like to clean it out of the database entirely and assume that would
>>> allow the backup script to run.
>>>

>>> ./mythconverg_backup.pl --verbose
>>> <--- SNIP --->
>>> Executing command:
>>> '/usr/bin/mysqldump' --defaults-extra-file='/tmp/b1lBxr5u54'
>>> --host='localhost' --user='mythtv' --add-drop-table --add-locks
>>> --allow-keywords --complete-insert --extended-insert --lock-tables
>>> --no-create-db --quick --add-drop-table 'mythconverg' 2>&1
>>> 1>'/home/mark/mythtv_backup/mythconverg-1264-20111007131620.sql'
>>>
>>> mysqldump exited with status: 2
>>> mysqldump output:
>>> mysqldump: Got error: 1146: Table
>>> 'mythconverg.mythconverg.weatherscreens' doesn't exist when using LOCK
>>> TABLES
>>
>> SHOW ENGINES;
>>
>> I'm guessing you won't see a "YES" in the "Support" column for
>> "InnoDB".  That means that your distro disabled the InnoDB storage
>> engine--because it saves 40MB of virtual RAM--to make a lean-mean
>> machine for you and broke your MythTV database in the process.  If so:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/419174#419174
>>
>> (And be very careful with the copy/paste of the command to the shell.
>> It must end with "EOF" as the entire last line--with no added
>> end-of-line spaces, which copy/paste is likely to put in.  So, I
>> recommend you copy everything except the "EOF" line, then paste it into
>> a shell, then make sure you're on a different line from the "DELETE"
>> line and type in "EOF<Enter>".)
>>
>> Then, enable InnoDB on your mysql server, then restart mythfrontend and
>> it will re-create the MythWeather tables (and backup will work because
>> you won't have broken tables).
>>
>> Mike
>>

> Thanks,
> I'll look into Sunday night after the weekend activities are all settled.

Looks like InnoDB is active.

+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| Engine     | Support | Comment
                 | Transactions | XA   | Savepoints |
+------------+---------+----------------------------------------------------------------+--------------+------+------------+
| InnoDB     | YES     | Supports transactions, row-level locking, and
foreign keys     | YES          | YES  | YES        |
| MRG_MYISAM | YES     | Collection of identical MyISAM tables
                 | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| BLACKHOLE  | YES     | /dev/null storage engine (anything you write
to it disappears) | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| CSV        | YES     | CSV storage engine
                 | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MEMORY     | YES     | Hash based, stored in memory, useful for
temporary tables      | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| FEDERATED  | NO      | Federated MySQL storage engine
                 | NULL         | NULL | NULL       |
| ARCHIVE    | YES     | Archive storage engine
                 | NO           | NO   | NO         |
| MyISAM     | DEFAULT | Default engine as of MySQL 3.23 with great
performance         | NO           | NO   | NO         |