[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Mon Nov 28 04:58:31 UTC 2011

I've now ported my Ceton patch from 0.24 to trunk. The patch is
available at the link below. If you are running trunk and would like
to test this, I'd appreciate any feedback on how it works for you.

This patch includes a number of improvements over my 0.24 patch:

1) It now supports multiple Ceton cards installed in one computer. I
don't actually have multiple cards now, so I can't actually test it,
but I did have 2 cards for a brief time this summer, and when I did I
played around with how it works, so I believe this should work.
2) It supports RTP streaming from a Ceton card installed in a remote
computer. This means you can even have the Ceton card installed in a
Windows box and use it from your linux mythtv system (though there's
no way to coordinate tuner sharing, so either you'd need to statically
assign specific tuners to specific systems, or manually coordinate
their schedules to make sure they'll never try to use them at the same
time). You can also technically use RTP to access a locally installed
tuner, but it's probably less efficient that way.
3) I've made other modifications that should hopefully improve the
slow channel changing that some people sometimes experienced in
livetv, as well as making it deal better with failed livetv sessions.
4) Running the channel mapping utility is no longer necessary (neither
for the initial setup nor whenever channels are added) when using a
cablecard. It now determines parameters on the fly.

http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.25/downloads/ceton_0.25_beta1.patch

--
Ron Frazier