[mythtv-users] Ceton patch available for trunk

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 18:31:15 UTC 2011

On Sun, Nov 27, 2011 at 11:58 PM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:
> I've now ported my Ceton patch from 0.24 to trunk. The patch is
> available at the link below. If you are running trunk and would like
> to test this, I'd appreciate any feedback on how it works for you.
> This patch includes a number of improvements over my 0.24 patch:
> 1) It now supports multiple Ceton cards installed in one computer. I
> don't actually have multiple cards now, so I can't actually test it,
> but I did have 2 cards for a brief time this summer, and when I did I
> played around with how it works, so I believe this should work.
> 2) It supports RTP streaming from a Ceton card installed in a remote
> computer. This means you can even have the Ceton card installed in a
> Windows box and use it from your linux mythtv system (though there's
> no way to coordinate tuner sharing, so either you'd need to statically
> assign specific tuners to specific systems, or manually coordinate
> their schedules to make sure they'll never try to use them at the same
> time). You can also technically use RTP to access a locally installed
> tuner, but it's probably less efficient that way.
> 3) I've made other modifications that should hopefully improve the
> slow channel changing that some people sometimes experienced in
> livetv, as well as making it deal better with failed livetv sessions.
> 4) Running the channel mapping utility is no longer necessary (neither
> for the initial setup nor whenever channels are added) when using a
> cablecard. It now determines parameters on the fly.
> http://www.ronfrazier.net/mythtv/0.25/downloads/ceton_0.25_beta1.patch

awesome! I can't say I'll be moving to trunk soon since 0.24 works so
well for us, but good to know you've managed to get all this work

I assume running the card on a windows machine but tuning through Myth
still won't allow for copy controlled channels to be recorded?

Before you ask, read the FAQ!
then search the Wiki, and this list,
Mailinglist etiquette -