[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Ian Clark mrrooster at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 14:22:08 UTC 2011

On 28 October 2011 15:45, David Watkins <watkinshome at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have it on a Windows box, and could get it for my Myth box, but
>> wouldn't this lead to Myth getting really confused?  Isn't there
>> metadata I need to deal with?
>
> Provided you save the concatenated file with the same name as the
> original recording that had the correct metadata then you should be
> OK.

Aren't the (untranscoded) recordings just MPEG-TS? Doesn't this mean
they're essentiall a stream, and not bound by any kind of delimiting
containter? If so could you get away with...

cat <subsiquent recording> >> origrecording

> You may want to run
>
> mythcommflag --file <filename> --rebuild

Then this?

(Taking copies of the orig files as appropriate of course. :) )

Ian