[mythtv-users] concatenating recordings?

Roger H mythtvuser1818 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 15:01:54 UTC 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:57 AM, John Veness <
John.Veness.mythtv at pelago.org.uk> wrote:

> On 28/10/2011 14:43, Josh Rosenberg wrote:
> > I'd like to merge these recordings into one video file, still
> > accessible to MythTV as a recording.  Is there any way to do that, and
> > if so, how?
> On a few occasions a year I've wished for an ability, within Myth
> itself, to join recordings together. Like the OP, this might be
> consecutive programs where one program overran, or maybe when a film is
> split into two programs separated by the news.

Another case is where there are back to back episodes of a show that are
actually a single extended episode. You can use a manual override to tell
Myth to extend one recording and cancel the second one, but it would be
nice if you could have an option to automatically concatenate them when