[mythtv-users] mythfilldatabase

Russell Gower mythtv at thegowers.me.uk
Tue Nov 1 14:28:59 UTC 2011

Hi all,
  I'm trying to debug a problem with mythfilldatabae base on a new Cento 6 system running the atrpms packages, when run from the command line (as the user mythtv), it looks in /var/lib/mythtv/.mythtv for the config files but when it's run from mythbackend (also running as mythtv) it looks in /var/lib/mythtv. I think I've tracked this down to the MYTHCONFDIR variable in the init file.

My question is, is how do I persuade mythbackend to run mythfilldatabase again without waiting 24 hours so that I can test it?

I've not found anything on google, and have tried winding back the "mythfilldatabaseLastRunStart" and "mythfilldatabaseLastRunEnd" values in the settings table by 48 hours  followed by "service mythbackend restart"

thanks
  Russell