[mythtv-users] Incorrect listings after DST clock change (UK)

Andre mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk
Tue Mar 29 13:05:28 UTC 2011

On 29 Mar 2011, at 13:32, Neil Bird wrote:

> Around about 29/03/11 13:15, Andre typed ...
>> H'mm mine is scheduling for 22:00, I did have a problem with
>> mythfilldatabase not running automatically so I ran it manually earlier
>> today. There is a known issue with MythTV and xmltv data collected before
>> the time change about shows after the time change, make sure
>> mythfilldatabase has run since the clock change.
>
>   Poo;  that means it's likely my set-up.  I'd kind of assumed that,
> though, given the lack of other people jumping up and down about it, but
> it'll make it harder to trace.

I've had some issues too but it turned out that was because the automatic mythfilldatabase was disabled, I moved everything to a new backend and somehow that got missed!

>> Also which version of xmltv are you running?
>
>   0.5.59-84.el5 - I checked last night, there's no newer version packaged
> for CentOS, and it's the current main version on the XMLTV site.

Yep, that's the latest, I'm running 0.5.59 compiled from the xmltv site.

>   One thing I *am* trying:  I run mythfilldatabase in a script 3-4 times to
> get bits from different places (I fetch the XML manually from BlebTV 3 times
> for various reasons), *then* run a final 4th. “let myth just do its thing”
> for the RT data.
>
>   On all of these, I'm now doing a run with '--refresh-today
> --refresh-all', which I've not had to do before, but which might make a
> difference.
>
>   If that fails, I'll manually blow the data away and re-run, just to
> guarantee it's fresh.

There's all sorts of potential for timezone related grief in that. Myth works on local time and it's been deemed "too much work" to re-work everything to use utc timezones and offsets so with that added in there is every chance something has got mangled, offset twice somewhere.

I'd be inclined to create a cron job to clean up and start again twice a year an hour or two after the DST/BST change dates. :-)

What extra does the BlebTV feed get you?