[mythtv-users] Incorrect listings after DST clock change (UK)

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 13:30:12 UTC 2011

On 29 March 2011 14:05, Andre <mythtv-list at dinkum.org.uk> wrote:

> On 29 Mar 2011, at 13:32, Neil Bird wrote:
>
>>   One thing I *am* trying:  I run mythfilldatabase in a script 3-4 times to
>> get bits from different places (I fetch the XML manually from BlebTV 3 times
>> for various reasons), *then* run a final 4th. “let myth just do its thing”
>> for the RT data.
>>
>>   On all of these, I'm now doing a run with '--refresh-today
>> --refresh-all', which I've not had to do before, but which might make a
>> difference.
>>
>>   If that fails, I'll manually blow the data away and re-run, just to
>> guarantee it's fresh.
>
> There's all sorts of potential for timezone related grief in that. Myth works on local time and it's been deemed "too much work" to re-work everything to use utc timezones and offsets so with that added in there is every chance something has got mangled, offset twice somewhere.
>
> I'd be inclined to create a cron job to clean up and start again twice a year an hour or two after the DST/BST change dates. :-)

I'd fix the underlying cause (if possible) which would remove this
requirement. My current "embedded" MythTV system has been running
since 2006 and although I run latest XMLTV (as I develop it) I've not
touched the MythTV install *at all* and have not seen any issues once
Myth's own internal limitations are taken into account during BST
changeovers.

I raised a bug ticket a few years ago
(http://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/5853) but it was closed in the
last year as a "feature request without patch". Now you'll only see it
if you search *all* tickets, even though the issues persists.

> What extra does the BlebTV feed get you?

I'm hoping it's just for the radio listings (I use EIT for that) as
the Radio Times feed provides more channels, more days and richer
listings data.

Cheers,
Nick