[mythtv-users] frontend hangs on livetv on resume-from-suspend

tim draper veehexx at gmail.com
Wed Mar 9 08:38:43 UTC 2011

I've been trying to find a fix for this issue over the last week, but to no
avail.
the problem is when I suspend the computer that mythtv is running on
(standalone; BE and FE on same machine) and then wake it up, the frontend
will hang the entire computer when it enters liveTV.

I've tried ending the frontend and backend processes prior to entering
suspend, and then manually running them once the computer wakes up; but
still the same issue.
i know the entire computer hangs as my ssh session becomes unresponsive and
pings also fail.

I'm at a loss as where to go from here or what to try next. all my kit is
linux compatible, and my tv card specifically states it works with mythtv

my setup:
Intel G31 based motherboard
Intel c2d E6550
2gb ram
Nvidia 210 using HDMI (using the 260.xx propriety drivers that come with
mythbuntu)
mythbuntu 10.10 (mythtv 0.24 + 0.24fixes)
TBS 6981 dual sat card

thanks for any help