[mythtv-users] Merge of OSD and Main themes causes WAF to Plummet

Robert Siebert trebor_s at web.de
Fri Mar 4 09:19:40 UTC 2011

I was just wondering where lets take the Blue-Abstract theme are
obstrisive in the OSD. There are information areas that are
semitransparent and black. And then there are some popup that look like
the ones in the maintheme where there is a header and some blue buttons
with white text on it. The progressbar is on the bottom when jumping
forward or backward. Nothing flashy, nothing obstrusive.

at 2:43 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:
>> You're all still missing the same
key point. There is no longer an independent OSD engine. Objects that
were formerly OSD elements can now appear while in the menus. Menu
widgets can pop up during playback. The fact that these elements can be
intermixed is why the windows must appear consistent throughout the
entire theme. This is not a foolish consistency. This is a necessity due
to a shift in the UI design, and you will find the same behavior in most
other media player and HTPC softwares.
> So I've been hearing throughout
this thread "just edit the theme and you can get what you want" where
what I want is "different main theme and OSD UIs." If what you say above
is true (widgets are shared across the main and OSD themes) I can't see
that there's any way to get what I currently have and like (ArcLight as
main theme and BlackCurve as OSD) even if I spend a lot of time editing
the theme. Instead I'll get either ArcLight components in my OSD or
BlackCurve components in my main theme.

Links:
------
[1]