[mythtv-users] jerky video and sound problems with live tv and recorded tv internal player only.

Carl crazy at wi.rr.com
Fri Mar 4 13:14:49 UTC 2011

I have a similar problem.  I just upgraded from 0.20 to the current top of
the git repository and the playback of everything (movies, recordings,
music) is too fast (expect LiveTV where the video is correct but the audio
cuts in and out).  The pitch of the audio is correct so the sample rate
should be right but it skips forward staying in sync.  With the version
upgrade I replaced a dead 7600gs with a geforce 210 so I could use VDPAU but
the problem occurs whether it's enabled or not.  My CPU is also an Athlon 64
X2 3800+ and the audio device is an Nvidia MCP51 HDA with a Realtek ALC883
codec and I use the SPDIF output but the problem still happens even if I use
the analog output.  If I play any of the recordings with Xine there aren't
any problems.

When I use debugging I get a lot of "Video is 4.0644 frames behind audio
(too slow), dropping frame to catch up" followed by "'video_output' mean =
'20208.52', std. dev. = '16111.62', fps = '49.48'"  despite the fact the
source video is 30 fps and when I watch an HD progressive scan video it
plays back at about 85fps.