[mythtv-users] MythTV vs. Windows Media Center

Eric Sharkey eric at lisaneric.org
Mon Feb 14 21:59:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 4:47 PM, jedi <jedi at mishnet.org> wrote:
>    My problems with ATI have always been what you could describe as "the
> finer points". Getting a box up and installed and running an X server has
> never been a problem for me. My problems have been more like really bad
> performance or visual glitches when using mythtv.

You must not remember what things were like a ways back.  I avoided
nVidia hardware for quite a while because I never had good experiences
with them in the '90s.  The ATI stuff generally just worked better
(although getting an X server running was a bit of a headache no
matter what hardware you had).  But there were more choices back then,
too (Matrox, Diamond, #9, Elsa, S3, ...) so avoiding a single vendor
was trivial.

Eric