[mythtv-users] No Display

Ian Latter ian.latter at midnightcode.org
Sun Feb 6 09:09:47 UTC 2011

Hello,

  You've gone further than I have in debugging - I have just
converted my AV/Stereo setup to HDMI too, but the HDMI
Amp that I bought last year won't forward the picture to the
set, so I've just skipped that until my patience returns ;-)

  Is it possible that the TV/Display is only configured to show
a picture when it has audio?  I suspect this is/was the
problem with my Amp (I only just bought and configured an
nVidia GT220 (216) so that I have both picture and audio
in the same cable - two days ago).

  My old 4:3 set used to display a blue screen when it
detected no signal - maybe your TV is doing a modern
equivalent ... Try exploring the TV's config options ..

  Actually one other thought .. my set had 4 x HDMI inputs,
and one was specifically flagged as a PC HDMI interface ..
maybe you've just seen why that's important?  I haven't
tried one of the other HDMI ports ...

Good luck,