[mythtv-users] Powersaving AMD CPU for my system wanted.

Ziegaus Matthias beaver4ever at gmx.de
Sat Dec 10 20:14:10 UTC 2011

> A Sempron or the 45W Athlon II 235e should do fine, except for the
>> "emulate other consoles" requirement.  If you're talking about a PS2
>> emulator, it will need a faster CPU than what I mentioned.  Older, easier
>> to emulate consoles would probably be okay.

Thanks for the direction so far. I wont use any integrated graphics, so i
checked the Athlon II Kevin mentioned. Seems like thats the one i want.
Unfortunately this one is not available at the moment in germany. The next
best would be the 250e wich looks fine to me.

If you say this one is also ok, i will go with that one, wich leaves me
with the ram to choose. Are there any things i need to know when buying ram
? And is my mentioned capacity of about 1-2 gb the right choice ?

Thanks so far.