[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Tue Aug 23 04:52:56 UTC 2011

On 08/22/2011 07:16 PM, Raymond Wagner wrote:

>>> Are you kidding?  You agreed to Netflix's terms which are equivalent to
>>> renting media from a physical video store to play on ONE machine.
>> are you sure? I have friends with Netflix and they are able to watch
>> via their laptops or net-connected blu-ray players and PS3, and
>> Netflix doesn't throw any warnings or anything at them when they setup
>> the new devices.
> Are they allowed to stream to multiple devices simultaneously? Is there
> some sort of monthly cap on how much they are allowed to watch? I don't
> have a Netflix account so I honestly don't know.

FWIW: http://www.roku.com/netflix-partner
-----
ON UP TO 6 TVs
With one Netflix unlimited streaming membership, you can activate up to
6 Roku players. So you can get your Netflix fix wherever you have a
TV—from the spare bedroom to the workout room to that favorite vacation
spot.
-----

No clue whether it allows streaming to multiple devices simultaneously,
or if only one of the 6 can be used at a time and they're limiting it to
6 locations, or what.

Note, also, the price:  http://www.roku.com/roku-products .  Seems
reasonable to me.  And with a Roku device, you even get Angry Birds (
http://www.roku.com/roku-channel-store ) among other stuff.  You won't
get that with MythTV (or, at least, if you record the Roku output with
MythTV, you won't want to play Angry Birds).

Mike