[mythtv-users] Best way to integrate a Netflix feed into Myth ?

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 23:21:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:16 PM, Raymond Wagner <raymond at wagnerrp.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 22 Aug 2011 19:14:21 -0400, Steven Adeff <adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com>
> wrote:

>>> Are you kidding?  You agreed to Netflix's terms which are equivalent to
>>> renting media from a physical video store to play on ONE machine.
>>
>> are you sure? I have friends with Netflix and they are able to watch
>> via their laptops or net-connected blu-ray players and PS3, and
>> Netflix doesn't throw any warnings or anything at them when they setup
>> the new devices.
>
> Are they allowed to stream to multiple devices simultaneously? Is there
> some sort of monthly cap on how much they are allowed to watch? I don't
> have a Netflix account so I honestly don't know.

I don't know about multiple devices simultaneously, I don't know if
any of them have ever tried to play on more than one device at a time.
 I also don't believe there is any cap from Netflix, I believe they've
been part of the fight to prevent ISP's fro capping (since this limits
the usefulness of their service to their users), so I imagine there is
not a cap.

Netflix has also recently said that in their ideal world all their
users would only stream, which was the impetus to their recent rate
change. Of course, their stream content is not as large as their disc
content yet, which meant the rate change made a lot of unhappy
users...

--
Steve
Before you ask, read the FAQ!