[mythtv-users] Toronto Mythtv Users: Anyone not getting TVO listings from Schedules Direct?

David Engel david at istwok.net
Sat Aug 20 02:34:16 UTC 2011

On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 09:51:21PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 08/19/2011 03:18 PM, David Engel wrote:
> > One reason I don't normally use --dd-grab-all is because I don't want
> > mfdb touching today's listings unless I explicitly tell it to with
> > --refresh-today.  My rationale is if something goes wrong and messes
> > up future scheduling, I'll have time to notice it and correct it.  If
> > it messes up today's schedule, I might not have time to notice.
> >
> > It looks like DataDirectProcessor::GrabAllData() hard codes the start
> > date as currentDate().addDays(-2).  Is there any chance of changing
> > that to currentDate().addDays(1) unless --refresh-today is used?
>
> I had asked if there was a way to exclude today's listings--primarily
> because some users have backend/mysqld hosts that may chew on the data
> for up to 45min or an hour when using --dd-grab-all.  I don't know the
> details, but IIRC, Daniel K. said that we use all the data including
> today because DD (the TMS service) gives all the data including today,
> and we don't have any way to split out a portion of the data we're
> given.  So, with that constraint and the fact that DD doesn't have an
> option to grab all data except today in one pull, we don't offer that.
> Daniel can probably provide a much better (and more sensible or correct)
> description.

I'll have to dig a little deeper, I guess.  As I mentioned,
DDP::GrabAllData() takes a start date and an end date.  I'll have to
how those dates are actually used.  Perhaps, I'm being naive, but if
we can do one day at a time, surely we can do a specific range of days
starting at either tomorrow or today.

David
--
David Engel