[mythtv-users] Toronto Mythtv Users: Anyone not getting TVO listings from Schedules Direct?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sat Aug 20 01:51:21 UTC 2011

On 08/19/2011 03:18 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 19, 2011 at 01:21:54PM -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> FWIW, Schedules Direct users should never use --refresh-all.  You should
>> use --dd-grab-all, instead.
>>
>> As a matter of fact, unless you have an underpowered master backend or
>> MySQL server system, you should use --dd-grab-all every day.  See:
>>
>> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/449426#449426
>> https://github.com/MythTV/mythtv/commit/d2822566
> One reason I don't normally use --dd-grab-all is because I don't want
> mfdb touching today's listings unless I explicitly tell it to with
> --refresh-today.  My rationale is if something goes wrong and messes
> up future scheduling, I'll have time to notice it and correct it.  If
> it messes up today's schedule, I might not have time to notice.
>
> It looks like DataDirectProcessor::GrabAllData() hard codes the start
> date as currentDate().addDays(-2).  Is there any chance of changing
> that to currentDate().addDays(1) unless --refresh-today is used?

I had asked if there was a way to exclude today's listings--primarily
because some users have backend/mysqld hosts that may chew on the data
for up to 45min or an hour when using --dd-grab-all.  I don't know the
details, but IIRC, Daniel K. said that we use all the data including
today because DD (the TMS service) gives all the data including today,
and we don't have any way to split out a portion of the data we're
given.  So, with that constraint and the fact that DD doesn't have an
option to grab all data except today in one pull, we don't offer that.
Daniel can probably provide a much better (and more sensible or correct)
description.

Mike