[mythtv-users] Time Offset for xmltv?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 14:33:05 UTC 2011

On 17 August 2011 13:55, Thomas Boehm <mythtv-users at lists.boehmi.net> wrote:

> Why is such a feature restricted only to DataDirect? It would be nice to
> use it with other sources as well. Here in the UK we have quite a few so
> called +1 channels and it would be good to reuse the program data of the
> parent channel. It would also reduce the amount of data you have to
> download.

This isn't an issue with tv_grab_uk_rt. Unless channels are manually
configured to use the Radio Times provided +1 listings, the grabber
manufactures all "+x" listings from the regular channel listings (this
is what the "tsod" prefix on IDs denotes). Additionally, as
tv_grab_uk_rt caches downloads, source listings are only download once
for any channel having listings based of it (e.g. ITV2, ITV +2 on Sky,
ITV2 +1 on Freeview).

Cheers,
Nick

--