[mythtv-users] Digital switchover in UK: duplicate channels

John Pilkington J.Pilk at tesco.net
Wed Aug 17 12:58:31 UTC 2011

I retuned today as the last-but-one stage of switchover at Waltham, East
Midlands.  All went smoothly but I wasn't able to stop it listing two
different channel numbers for BBC FOUR, CBeebies, BBC Parliament and the
BBC Radio channels.  It appears that at present these really are
duplicates; they are available on two muxes.  I've manually deleted the
out-of range (> 800) ones.  dvb-t2 is due in two weeks.

In case it's useful the Waltham muxes are now on these frequencies:

794, 554, 538, 570, 666, 642 MHz.  They get listed in that order.

61,  31,  29,  33,  45,  42 Channel (not the dvb-t channel identifier)

John P