[mythtv-users] is (clearqam) channel scanning idempotent (NO!)?

Brian J. Murrell brian at interlinx.bc.ca
Wed Aug 3 15:02:07 UTC 2011

On 11-08-03 10:52 AM, Ronald Frazier wrote:

> No, you aren't (your are missing the empty columns). Looking at your
> data, we can see the hue is 32768, your mplex id is 69, and there are
> 2 values between there. But looking at the column headers, there are 4
> fields in between those: tvformat, visible, outputfilters,
> useonairguide
>
> Looking in my DB, tvformat is sometimes blank, and outputfilters is
> always blank. It makes sense that those 2 would be blank for you, and
> thus the 2 numbers belong to visible and useonairguide.

Counting the tabs (so as to account for empty fields) it is indeed the
visible field that is different.  Which doesn't really change the point
of my original question.  Why make an existing channel invisible only to
add the exact same channel, again?

And why is data being lost for channels that don't change before and
after the scan?

And additionally now, why are not all channels being found?  I have
channels that my TV sees (using it's much, much more simple "scan
channels" single click interface) that myth doesn't, and yet dvbscan on
the exact same hardware is seeing.

Why is this whole process so seriously complicated and just not working?
 Why can't I just have a single button "scan channels" like my TV does
and have it find _all_ of the available channels?

b.