[mythtv-users] MCEUSB/Lirc sometimes frozen after several hours until keyboard used

Ian Evans dheianevans at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:19:11 UTC 2011

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 12:37 AM, Frank Phillips <frankalso at gmail.com> wrote:
> If the LED is constant on, that may indicate it is receiving some IR.
> Halogen lamps put out IR that supposedly can interfere. To test, I just
> stuck my mceusb receiver under a halogen desk lamp, and as the lamp flickers
> to turn on the LED flickers, although once the lamp was stable the LED was
> off.
>
> Is the machine itself suspending after some time that then only resumes on
> keyboard?
> Is the keyboard wireless and uses the same receiver? lsusb please.

No, the keyboard is plugged in. Yes, I do get the odd IR interference
(it seems to flash to a rhythm) but this is a solid on. The computer
isn't asleep. I turn on the TV, Myth's at whatever menu I left it at,
but the remote won't work until I use the keyboard and then suddenly
the light will go off or flick for a second and the remote can be used
again.