[mythtv-users] MCEUSB/Lirc sometimes frozen after several hours until keyboard used

Frank Phillips frankalso at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 04:37:07 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 7:13 PM, Ian Evans <dheianevans at gmail.com> wrote:

> About to enter my 2nd week with MythTV (using .24) and as we're using
> it for more hours I've noticed some issues at time with the remote.
>
> Sometimes if we've been away from the TV for a while (it's turned off)
> I've noticed that the mceusb/lirc IR receiver's LED is on and it
> ignores any remote commands until I've hit a key on the keyboard.
> Usually the light will then go out and I can operate the remote again.

If the LED is constant on, that may indicate it is receiving some IR.
Halogen lamps put out IR that supposedly can interfere. To test, I just
stuck my mceusb receiver under a halogen desk lamp, and as the lamp flickers
to turn on the LED flickers, although once the lamp was stable the LED was
off.

Is the machine itself suspending after some time that then only resumes on
keyboard?
Is the keyboard wireless and uses the same receiver? lsusb please.