[mythtv-users] Can an Atom D525 handle a frontend and a slave backend with dual ota hd tuners?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Thu Apr 7 13:03:29 UTC 2011

By using an atom as a backend you are below the recommended spec and when/if
the scheduler runs (due to new recordrule, mythfilldatabase or eit data) the
cpu will be the bottleneck and playback will almost certainly stutter.

Even for a simple frontend an atom/ion is not a recommended solution by the
devs.

In otherwords if you have it and it works for you great but i wouldnt come
complaining if playback stutters and it annoys you!  Lol

Personally i would get a core2duo system in a basement/garage/cupboard for
the backend/discs and use an ion dual core for the frontend.

Btw laptop harddrives doing media recording is not a good idea laptop drives
are designed for lighter duties... and it is laptop drives that typically
get supplied with ion systems.

Please excuse brevity and pistakes this email was composed on an Android
smartphone.

Regards,

Richard