[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

mike at grounded.net mike at grounded.net
Sat Sep 18 13:44:09 UTC 2010

> That's about par for modern motherboards, as far as slots. You could have a
> couple of PCI capture devices, if you need
> more you could use USB or network (HDHR) units.

I've not used all that many USB based media devices. I tried a USB ATSC receiver to see how it works but it runs super hot. I do see tons of USB based hardware these days, so maybe that's a solution instead of changing out my video card even?

> Not that I'm aware of. Composite is limited to SD, what sort of "HD" were
> you thinking of? You can convert HDMI to DVI
> easily, it the "composite" that would be a problem. Do you mean you want
> component analog HD?

Nope :). I mean that I'd like to have both composite output for when SD will do fine but I'd also like to have full HD output for when I want to fire up the projector to watch a movie. I need both because for the most part, we watch TV in a room which doesn't have HD so just tune into one of the modulator channels. When we want to sit down and enjoy a movie, then we prefer HD of course.

> The integrated Intel graphics on that mobo will not do VDPAU of course, but
> with a beefy CPU you could do all decoding in
> software, and thus have VGA and DVI outputs. I'd think you would want to
> put a VDPAU-capable video card in that PCI-
> Express slot.

The mobo I'm thinking about has a duo 3.2 CPU and 4GB of ram.