[mythtv-users] xorg.conf for fx5200

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Sat Sep 18 13:31:39 UTC 2010

On Saturday, September 18, 2010 07:09:52 am mike at grounded.net wrote:
> > There are no VDPAU-capable cards available for AGP, but there are
> >standard PCI cards that can do VDPAU.
>
> Haha, the fun never ends :). Man, I bet I could just buy a fully built
> machine from someone for less than I'm spending already.
>
> > The problem, of course, is when you are doing something that VDPAU can't
> > assist with you are limited to what the PCI bus
> > can handle.
>
> I guess I might have one more option. I have a G31-M7G-DVI motherboard that
> I could swap out from one of the workstations. Problem that one is that it
> doesn't have much for slots.
> 2 x PCI Slots and 1 x PCI-E x16 Slot.

That's about par for modern motherboards, as far as slots. You could have a couple of PCI capture devices, if you need
more you could use USB or network (HDHR) units.

> Any adapters out there that could give me composite and HD from the HDMI
> port? I don't know enough about those ports to know if that's an option,
> just know I see adapters for almost everything out there.

Not that I'm aware of. Composite is limited to SD, what sort of "HD" were you thinking of? You can convert HDMI to DVI
easily, it the "composite" that would be a problem. Do you mean you want component analog HD?

The integrated Intel graphics on that mobo will not do VDPAU of course, but with a beefy CPU you could do all decoding in
software, and thus have VGA and DVI outputs. I'd think you would want to put a VDPAU-capable video card in that PCI-
Express slot.