[mythtv-users] scheduling

steve reilly sfreilly at roadrunner.com
Sat Sep 11 02:01:42 UTC 2010

On 09/10/2010 03:49 PM, David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 09:47:40PM -0400, steve reilly wrote:
>> had a problem a couple months ago when time warner moved stations
>> around.  everythings ok now after re scanning hdhr except for 1
>> channel.  for the life of me cant figure out whats up and why no
>> schedule info will show up in mythweb so i can schedule a recording
>> on an hd channel.
>
> I don't suspect mythweb, but try checking thing without it just to be
> sure.

mythweb scheduling still doesnt work... but scheduling HD channels
including 40_1 thru mythtv itself works fine.

>> 10 is fox here, and fox hd is 40_1.  now, I edited the channels on
>> mythweb same as ive always done, and added the correct xmltvid for
>> 40_1 (same xmltvid as 10).
>
> Is channel 10 SD or HD?  If it's SD, the xmltvids should not be the
> same.

10 is SD... last few times ive setup mythtv after i got the hdhr, all
channels had an xmltvid in mythweb except the hdhr channels.  so ive
always just copied the xmltvid from the corresponding SD channel and put
it in the space for the hdhr HD channel.  always seemed to work with
scheduling for me?  theres a different way?

>> Ive tried unchecking "use onairguide"
>> and checking "use onairguide" but still have no data in listings on
>> mythweb or guide when watching livetv for 40_1.
>
> Do you use SchedulesDirect?  If so, make sure anything "onairguide" or
> EIT related is disabled.

yes, schedules direct, and im in NY, usa.

> The most obvious thing to check is to make sure channel 40_1 is marked
> as visible.  If it isn't, change it as nothing will ever get scheduled
> on an invisible channel.

40_1 is visible, plus all the other HD channels.  (all whopping 7! )

> If channel 40_1 is marked visible, do other channels on the same input
> work?  If not, delete your cards and inputs and re-add them in
> mythtv-setup.

> If other channels work, all I have left to suggest is to delete the
> channel and rescan for it in mythtv-setup.

thats what i did last night after posting, and all seems to be ok now
lest scheduling through mythweb (not a huge dissapointment, as i can do
it thru myth itself)  was gearing up for the fall season shows starting
the 23rd, glad its working now, and thanks for your tips.  appreciate it.

steve