[mythtv-users] Happague HVR-950Q woes

Robert Lynn Jr rjlynn at sixteentwelvemedia.net
Mon Sep 6 06:07:20 UTC 2010

Hi guys,

I'm new here, and I got a brain teaser for ya. I've got MythTV 0.23 running,
using a Happague HVR-950Q USB stick tuner. I have both the ClearQAM and
analog tuners working correctly. But, when I'm using the MythTV front end,
eventually, my keyboard becomes nonresponsive, and I have to alt-tab out and
kill the frontend.

The tuner works just fine. However, the keyboard becoming nonresponsive is a
deal breaker. No such thing happens when using XBMC to connect to the
backend and view live TV, so I BELIEVE it's a frontend issue. dmesg doesn't
bring anything useful, either.

I'm using a ZOTAC ionitx-g-e mainboard, and a HP wireless USB keyboard. I'm
kinda leaning on it being that the USB bus may be a little overloaded, and
that's why, but that wouldn't explain why I can alt-tab out. Where should I
start troubleshooting?

Oh, and has anyone gotten the remote to work?

Thanks ahead of time,
Rob Lynn