[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Rob Verduijn rob.verduijn at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 19:02:57 UTC 2010

Hello,

I accept your bet.
There is 2Gb swap space.
You lost the bet.
What did I win ?

But seriously, mythtv should be able to run on a 256Mb machine.
It's a mythtv backend/mythweb server and has been running for over a
year now, the crashing of the mythbackend started a couple weeks ago.
And before you ask, it has indeed 4Gb ram, but you can't convince me
mythtv has become so bloated in 1 year that it can't run on a machine
with a mere '4GB' ram.
I'm still watching the same ananloge tv channels.
So no HD that suddenly would be chewing up my resources.

Here's my setup
opensuse 11.3 i586
2 hauppauge 150 tv capture cards.
1 Dual Core Processor 4200+
4Gb ram
2 256gb harddisks configured as a stripe set (I don't care if it
blows, the db is on another machine and I don't mind the recordings)

Info about harddisk partitioning.
2Gb swap partition
10Gb for system
The rest is for recordings
I still have 56Gb space left on the partition which I use for recording.

Rob Verduijn