[mythtv-users] mythbackend crashes every 6-7 hours

Gavin Hurlbut gjhurlbu at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 18:17:45 UTC 2010

On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 10:56 AM, Rob Verduijn <rob.verduijn at gmail.com> wrote:
> Memory usage for the mythbackend process is at 2Gb and rising.
> A memory leak obvious, anybody who knows how to deal with it or where
> to start looking ?

Not necessarily a memory leak, but it could be.

The best way to deal with lack of memory is to increase your swap
space.  Due to the symptoms you are reporting, my bet is you have *no*
swap space, so when it runs out of memory, it dies hard.  Even if your
machine has 4G of memory, having swap space is always a good idea when
running UNIX-style operating systems.