[mythtv-users] Any tweaks possible for a remote frontend?

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 19:06:03 UTC 2010

Not all soundcards are equal...
Some, use the cpu others are onboard. In my experience the more expensive
creative ones have onboard processing... on the otherhand if you are simply
passing through digital information (using digital out) i guess it shouldnt
matter but JYA is a better source of info on that... and it will depend on
the stream and what your receiver can accept... if the receiver cant accept
the stream (ac3 for instance) myth would need to convert it to something
your receiver can accept... which would load the cpu again... nothing is
simple is it?

Please excuse brevity and pistakes, this email was sent from my Android
smart phone.

Thanks and best regards,

Richard Morton