[mythtv-users] Unable to use Watch Recording on win32 build of 0.24-fixes

FMU - STBL stephane_blackburn at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 21 00:31:28 UTC 2010

Hi,

I'm looking for some help debugging a 0.24-fixes Win32 frontend.
I've been using a Windows frontend for a year now (0.23 trunk).
Since I upgraded my ubuntu backend to 0.24-fixes, I'm unable to watch recordings from the "Watch Recording" menu of my Windows frontend (currently r27300).
It happens on both my own builds and unofficial ones I've found on the web (FE only).

The recording files are fine, playing correctly using other players.

The LiveTV is playing correctly.

When I try to start watching a recording, the frontend die with this "Cannot unlock an unlocked lock" error:

2010-11-08 22:22:32.470 Using protocol version 63
2010-11-08 22:22:32.504 AudioPlayer: Disabling Audio, params(0,2,44100)
2010-11-08 22:22:32.525 AudioOutput Error: Aborting Audio Reconfigure.
Invalid audio parameters ch 2 fmt 0 @ 44100Hz
2010-11-08 22:22:32.526 AudioPlayer: Disabling Audio, reason is: Aborting Audio Reconfigure. Invalid audio parameters ch 2 fmt 0 @ 44100Hz
2010-11-08 22:22:32.526 playCtx, Error: Aborting Audio Reconfigure. Invalid audio parameters ch 2 fmt 0 @ 44100Hz
ASSERT failure in QReadWriteLock::unlock(): "Cannot unlock an unlocked lock", file thread\qreadwritelock.cpp, line 405
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
QWaitCondition: Destroyed while threads are still waiting

Here is some info:

Backend: Ubuntu 10.04 0.24rc2 trunk r27113

Frontend: 0.24-fixes r27300 win32 (problem present since the first 0.24rc2 build I tried)

Source: Firewire and DVB, both HD, MPEG2 only
I tried to run the included mythfrontend.cmd with gdb installed, but the backtrace is empty (this is a debug compiled version with -g).I don't have too many experiences with gdb but I think I'll be able to get useful information if I can get some help.
I was able to set a break point on line 405 of QReadWriteLock::unlock but doing so doesn't seem the good way to do it as this is called so many times.

If somebody is able to give me a hint so I'll be able to provide a good backtrace or may be someone on the list can try a win32 frontend with their 0.24-fixes backend to confirm/investigate this problem, that would make my day!

Thanks in advance!
Stephane