[mythtv-users] HDMI audio on ION

mythtv mythtv at moasat.dyndns.org
Tue Nov 16 19:00:44 UTC 2010

	From: mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org
[mailto:mythtv-users-bounces at mythtv.org] On Behalf Of Jean-Yves Avenard
	Sent: Monday, November 15, 2010 6:47 PM
	To: Discussion about MythTV
	Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] HDMI audio on ION

	Hi

	Just go into the audio settings in mythtv, and select the HDMI port.

This didn't work for me when upgrading to 0.24.  I have an ION system as
well and ALSA reports 4 devices on the Nvidia audio card.  I had to enter
ALSA:plughw:1,7 to get digital audio out of myth and into my receiver.
Anything else results in silence.  I thought maybe that the HAD Intel card
was getting in the way but removing that had no effect.  I get no audio on
hw:1,3 which I'm guessing is what myth is trying to use.  I only see NVIDIA
HDMI in the list of sound devices after scanning and device 3 is the first
one that shows up in alsamixer.  Device 7 is the ones that I need it to use.

I was planning on investigating it more to see what info the "scan" was
getting but have not had time to dig into it yet.

Below is the output from aplay:

# aplay -l
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 0: ALC888 Analog [ALC888 Analog]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: Intel [HDA Intel], device 1: ALC888 Digital [ALC888 Digital]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 3: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 7: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 8: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 1: NVidia [HDA NVidia], device 9: NVIDIA HDMI [NVIDIA HDMI]
  Subdevices: 1/1
  Subdevice #0: subdevice #0

# aplay -L
null