[mythtv-users] ,24 Combined EIT and XML channel listing source

D. R. Newman d.r.newman at e-consultation.org
Mon Nov 15 23:07:44 UTC 2010

I thought that in 0.23 the EIT scan overwrote the XML data I get each
day from the Radio Times. Was I wrong?

In fact, the XML descriptions here in the UK are better, since you get
independent reviews (not puff pieces) and sensible categories (not
"Social/Policial/Economic" a misprint that has been on Freeview EIT for
years). But the EIT data updates that actual broadcasting times, when
programmes overrun (e.g. for breaking news or sports events).

So the ideal would be to update times from EIT, but not the description
unless the programme name changes.